1. Debra Winger was the voice of E.T.
2. Pearls melt in vinegar
3. It takes 3,000 cows to supply the NFL with enough leather
for a year's supply of footballs.
4. 35% of the people who use personal ads for dating are already
5. The 3 most valuable brand names on earth: MARLBORO, COCA-COLA,
and BUDWEISER ... in that order.
6. It's possible to lead a cow upstairs, but not downstairs.
7. Humans are the only primates that don't have pigment in
the palms of their hands.
8. 10% of the Russian government's income comes from the sale
9. The sentence "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy
dog." uses every letter in the alphabet. ( Developed by
Western Union to Test telex/two communications).
10. The only 15 letter word that can be spelled without repeating
a letter is uncopyrightable.
11. Stewardesses' is the longest word that is typed with only
the left hand.
12. No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange,
silver, and purple.
13. "I am" is the shortest complete sentence in the
14. Average life span of a major league baseball: 7 pitches.
15. A duck's quack doesn't echo, and no one knows why.
16. The reason firehouses have circular stairways is from the
days of yore when the engines were pulled by horses. The horses
were stabled on the ground floor and figured out how to walk
up straight staircases.
17. The airplane Buddy Holly died in was the "American
Pie." (thus the name of the Don McLean song)
18. Each king in a deck of playing cards represents a great
king from history. Spades = King David / Clubs = Alexander
the Great / Hearts =Charlemagne / Diamonds = Julius Caesar
19. 111,111,111 ! x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321
20. Clans of long ago that wanted to get rid of their unwanted
people without killing them used to burn their houses down,
hence the expression "To get fired."
21. Only two people signed the Declaration of Independence
on July 4th, John Hancock and Charles Thomson. Most of the
rest signed on August 2, but the last signature wasn't added
until 5 years later.
22. Hershey's Kisses are called that because the machine that
makes them looks like its kissing the conveyor belt.
23. An Ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain.
24. The longest recorded flight of a chicken is thirteen seconds.
25. The name Jeep came from the abbreviation used in the army
for the "General Purpose" vehicle, G.P.
26. The highest point in Pennsylvania is lower than the lowest
point in Colorado.
27. Nutmeg is extremely poisonous if injected intravenously.
28. If you have three quarters, four dimes, and four pennies,
you have $1.19. You also have the largest amount of money in
coins without being able to make change for a dollar.
29. (This one is now outdated)
30. The only two days of the year in which there are no professional
sports games (MLB, NBA, NHL, or NFL) are the day before and
the day after the Major League All-Star Game.
31. The mask used by Michael Myers in the original "Halloween" movie
was actually a Captain Kirk mask painted white.
32. If you put a raisin in a glass of champagne, it will keep
floating to the top and sinking to the bottom.
33. Snails can sleep for 3 years without eating.
34. Actor Tommy Lee Jones and vice-president AL Gore were freshman
roommates at Harvard.
35. The fingerprints of Koala Bears are virtually indistinguishable
from those of humans, so much so that they could be confused
at a crime
36. Months that begin on a Sunday will always have a "Friday
37. James Doohan, who plays Lt. Commander Montgomery Scott
(Scotty) on Star Trek, is missing the entire middle finger
on his right hand. He lost it on D-Day.
38. The Eisenhower interstate system requires that one mile
in every five must be straight. These straight sections are
usable as airstrips in times of war or other emergencies.
39. There are 293 ways to make change for a dollar.
40. All of the clocks in the movie "Pulp Fiction" are
stuck on 4:20.